This is a family favorite and always a hit for feeding a big crowd. As I teach cooking lessons to a lot of students with various dietary restrictions, I wanted to create a vegan version of my favorite Bolognese sauce. In my humble opinion, the vegan version is just as delicious and has been a big hit in one of my recent vegan cooking classes.
All of the ingredients above, except ground meat. Substitute with:
Ingredients for Cashew "Parmesan" Cheese:
I like this dish because it comes together quickly and it allows you to make use of any leftover veggies in your fridge. Eggs are not only for breakfast but can make a great dish for dinner with a side salad or roasted potatoes.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2) Grease pie pan or oven-safe skillet with butter or oil
3) Place the eggs, sour cream, and the cheese in a medium size bowl. Whisk together and add the salt and pepper
4) Saute onions, garlic and any raw vegetables you want to use and leave in oven proof skillet or place in baking dish
5) Pour egg mixture over vegetables
6) Bake just until the eggs are set, 15-20 minutes
1) Heat oil in a large skillet or pot over medium heat and saute onions until translucent
2) Add garlic and minced ginger and saute for another 30 seconds until fragrant. Avoid burning garlic!
3) Stir in curry powder, turmeric, and salt and saute for another 30 seconds.
4) Add coconut milk, broth, and cashews
5) Rinse your lentils and then add them to the pot. Reduce heat and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until lentils soften.
6) Stir in frozen vegetables, shredded coconut and cook for 3-5 minutes.
7) Add lemon juice, and more salt and pepper to taste.
8) Serve by itself or over rice, quinoa or millet. Top with chopped cilantro.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.